4K Ultra HD HDBaseT 2.0 Extender
With RS-232, 2-way IR, and POH
This item is DISCONTINUED. The replacement item is the GTB-UHD-HBT.
The GTB-UHD-HBT2 4K Ultra HD Extender uses the Gefen implementation of the latest HDBaseT 2.0 technology to extend HDMI up to 330 feet (100m) at 4K, using one CAT-5e cable. 1080p Full HD and 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA) 8-bit video can be extended up to 495 feet (150 meters). The new HDBaseT 2.0 Colligo platform ensures an even more robust and resilient connection than the industry standard HDBaseT. Low profile, surface-mountable Sender and Receiver units fit in tight places and accommodate Gefen locking HDMI cables for secure connections.
Resolutions up to 4K DCI-Cinema (4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz 4:4:4) and 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz 4:2:0) are supported. This product is compliant with the latest HDCP 2.2 protocol as well as HDCP 1.4.
The GTB-UHD-HBT2 supports Stereo and Multichannel digital audio including 7.1 channels of LPCM as well as High Bit Rate (HBR) digital audio formats such as Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
Serial & IR Extension
This product provides RS-232 and 2-way IR extension between the Sender and the Receiver units, facilitating the control of A/V sources placed near the Sender unit and sending automation commands to the display or another device placed near the Receiver unit.
Bi-Directional Power Over HDBaseT
POH (Power Over HDBaseT) technology provides power to the Receiver unit, using the same CAT-5 cable that extends the HDMI and control signals. Only the Sender needs an external power supply. The POH standard ensures compatibility with other POH class-compliant devices.
The Gefen Syner-G software with its powerful EDID Management capabilities speeds up configuration, performs real-time performance audits via Link Monitoring, and simplifies in-field firmware updates.
1. Shielded (STP) CAT-5e or CAT-6A is recommended. Unshielded (UTP) CAT-5e or CAT-6A may be acceptable depending on cable quality but is not the preferred choice. Care should always be given to keep these cables away from power lines and other sources of electromagnetic interference.
- Extends HDMI, RS-232, and 2-way IR over a single CAT-5e
- 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz, 4:2:0, 8-bit), up to 330 feet/100 meters
- 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz, 4:4:4, 8-bit), up to 330 feet/100 meters
- 4K DCI-Cinema (4096 x 2160 @ 30Hz 4:4:4, 8-bit), up to 330 feet/100 meters
- 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz, 4:4:4, 12-bit), up to 330 feet/100 meters
- 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz, 4:4:4, 8-bit), up to 495 feet/150 meters
- WUXGA (1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz, 8-bit), up to 495 feet/150 meters
- HDMI Features Supported:
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4K 60Hz, 4:2:0, 8-bit color
- HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
- 12-bit Deep Color
- LPCM 7.1 audio, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, and DTS-HD Master
- 3DTV pass-through
- CEC pass-through
- Lip Sync pass-through
- IR extension from Sender to Receiver and from Receiver to Sender
- POH (Power Over HDBaseT™) feature provides power to the Receiver unit over
the link cable - only the Sender unit needs external power
- Advanced EDID Management via Gefen Syner-G™ software
- Link Quality Monitoring via Gefen Syner-G™ software
- In-field firmware update via USB, using Gefen Syner-G™ software
- Locking power connector
- Low profile, surface-mountable enclosures
- Shipping Info
- Length13.2 (Inches)
- Width8.1 (Inches)
- Height3.6 (Inches)
- Weight3.35 (Lbs)
- Unit of MeasureSet
- Other Specifications
- Maximum Pixel Clock 300 MHz
- Video Input connector (Sender) (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female, locking
- Video Output connector (Receiver) (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female, locking
- Link connector (Sender/Receiver) (1) RJ-45, shielded, female
- RS-232 port (Sender) (1) DB-9, female
- RS-232 port (Receiver) (1) DB-9, male
- IR Ext/In port (Sender/Receiver) (1) 3.5mm mini-stereo jack
- IR Extender type EXT-RMT-EXTIRN
- IR Out port (Sender/Receiver) (1) 3.5mm mini-mono jack
- USB port (Sender/Receiver) (1) Mini-B (for Gefen Syner-Gâ„¢ interface)
- Power/Video/Link Indicator LEDs (Sender/Receiver) (1) Blue, (1) Amber, (1) Green
- Power Supply connector (Sender/Receiver) (1) 48V DC, locking
- Power Consumption (Sender and Receiver combined) 11W
- Operating Temperature +32 to +122 Â°F (0 to +50 Â°C)
- Operating Humidity 5% to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature -4 to +185 Â°F (-20 to +85 Â°C)
- Storage Humidity 0% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- MTBF 50000 hours
- Dimensions (W x H x D, Sender/Receiver, not including connectors)5.8" x 1" x 3.4" (146mm x 25mm x 85mm)
- Net Weight (Sender/Receiver) 0.50 lbs (0.23 kg) each