DVI Detective N
Save the EDID. Now easier to use with external controls.
The Gefen DVI Detective solves issues related to EDID that prevent signal passing from source to display. DVI (and VGA) Displays use Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) to communicate the video resolutions and timings that they are capable of displaying to the source. In certain situations this data can be lost resulting in incorrect display settings, resulting complete loss of video. The Gefen EXT-DVI-EDIDN solves this problem by ensuring that the correct EDID information is constantly available to the DVI source, even if the display is switched to a different source or disconnected. Gefen has designed the DVI Detective N for quick and easy programming and installation. After a simple EDID recording process is completed, the Detective is placed at the DVI output of the DVI source (such as a computer's video card) where it provides the video source with EDID information The DVI Detective N is equipped with DVI ports, but it is also compatible with VGA by using Gefen ADA-DVI-2-VGA adapters (available separately).
The EXT-DVI-EDIDN does not support HDCP. Please use the Gefen EXT-DVI-EDIDP for applications requiring HDCP support. Also, please note that while this product is compatible works with both DVI-D and VGA formats, it does not convert analog VGA to DVI or vice versa.
- Quick and easy way to store EDID information from any DVI display
- Provides a virtual EDID to maintain active monitor status when switching away from a source
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- EDID write protection switch
- No power is required after initial programming
- Shipping Info
- Length10.5 (Inches)
- Width4.2 (Inches)
- Height2.5 (Inches)
- Weight1.25 (Lbs)
- Other Specifications
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 2x 165 MHz
- Video Input Connector: (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female
- Video Output Connector: (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female
- Operating temperature range: +5 to +45 deg. Celsius
- Power Supply: 5V DC (needed for programming only)
- Power Consumption: 5 Watts (max)
- Dimensions: 2.6" W x 1.8" D x 1.2" H
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
- In The Box
- DVI Detective N (1)
- 1 ft. Dual-Link DVI Cable (M-M)(1)
- 5V DC Power Supply(1)
- Quick-Start Guide(1)