Last modified: October 17, 2017
Core Brands, LLC (“we”, or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.gefen.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website or in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means not expressly stated in this policy, including on any other website operated by Core Brands or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiarie
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Apps/Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through the Website or on or through any of their features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, pictures of you and third parties, videos of you and third parties, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you, but does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment and devices you use to access our Website and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- automatically as you navigate through the Website; and
- through our Apps that for their intended use as set forth in the Apps documentation.
- Information collected may include usage details, IP addresses, pictures, videos and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our service providers for our business partners.
4. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to one of our services, posting material or requesting further services.
- Residential addresses, business names, business addresses, sales leads, contact information for third parties that may include individuals’ names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, which some of this information may contain personal information.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- You may be requested to provide financial information in connection with sales leads through our Website or service partner websites.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, data, equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your devices, computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type; and
- Information about the status of connected devices to our Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies), a small file placed on your device or computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Apps/Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Apps/Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Core Brands, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
7. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on or through the Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Core Brands’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Core Brands about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Core Brands, our customers or others;
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
11. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Core Brands located at: 1800 South McDowell Blvd., 2nd Floor, Petaluma, CA 94954.
We may provide you the ability to post information on or through the Website. If you are a California resident who is under 18 and a registered user of the Website and you are unable to remove content or information you posted in a public area of the Website by following the instructions provided on the Website, you may request removal by contacting us at email@example.com. When requesting removal please be specific about the information or content you want removed and provide the URL for each page on the Website where it is located. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (a) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain the content or information; (b) the content or information was not posted by you, the registered user; (c) we anonymize the content or information so that you cannot be identified; (d) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (e) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information. REMOVAL OF YOUR POSTED CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM THE WEBSITE DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF THAT CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM OUR SYSTEMS OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. We are not required to delete the content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public. Also, some content and information you post that has been copied or reposted by a third party is outside of our control and will not be removed.
12. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
14. Contact Information
1800 South McDowell Blvd., 2nd Floor, Petaluma, CA 94954
2. Access to this website
3. Intellectual property rights
Except as provided herein, this website and the contents of this website (including, without limitation, product and application information, case studies, literature and photos) (the “Website Information”) are owned by Company, its affiliates and its and their licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. All right, title and interest in and to all copyrights, patents, trade secret rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in and to the Website Information and the structure, organization and code relating to the Website Information (collectively, “Data Information” and together with the Website Information, the “Proprietary Information”) are proprietary, confidential and valuable trade secret information of the supplying party.
The elements presented on this website including, without limitation, the Proprietary Information and the product designs and specifications, are subject to modification without notice, are made available without any kind of guarantee, and cannot give rise to any rights to compensation.