Extender for HDMI 3DTV (Black)
Extra Long Range Extender for HDMI, 3D TV, and IR over one
The GefenToolBox Extender for HDMI 3DTV extends HDMI including multi-channel digital audio at resolutions of up to 1080P Full HD up to 330 feet (100 meters) away from any Hi Def source using one CAT-5e cable for the extension. This product also provides an IR back channel to control AV sources using the same CAT-5 cable extension. Using this channel with the built-in IR "eye" on the receiver, or an optional RMT IR Extender, simply point IR remote(s) of the A/V device towards the display to control Hi-Def sources as if they were located in the same room or proximity to the display.
How It Works
Locate the GefenToolBox Extender for HDMI 3DTV Sender unit next to the video source equipment. Use the supplied HDMI cable to connect the source to the Sender unit. The Receiver unit is located close to the display which can be up to 330 feet (100 meters) away from the Sender unit. The display plugs into the back of the Receiver unit. For IR extension, either the Receiver should be located so the internal IR "eye" can see the IR signals at the display location, or an external Gefen EXT-RMT-EXTIR IR Extender may be plugged into the Receiver and located near the display. Connect a Gefen EXT-2IREMIT IR Blaster to the Sender and locate the blasters near the source equipment. Only one CAT-5e cable connects the Sender and the Receiver units to each other. Multi-channel digital audio is embedded into the HDMI signal.
Supported HDMI Features:
- Resolutions up to 1080p Full HD
- Ultra HD 4K x 2K compliant
- 12 bit Deep Color
- LPCM7.1 Audio
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™
- 3DTV Pass-through
- CEC Pass-through
- Lip Sync Pass-through
These units are also available in white
(please see the Related Products link in the sidebar to the left).
* Shielded (STP) CAT-5 or CAT-6 is recommended. However, unshielded (UTP) CAT-5 or CAT-6 is acceptable.
This product does not support HDCP content when connected to a DVI source or display.
- Extends 1080p Full HD and 3DTV up to 330 feet (100 meters) using one CAT5 (or better) cable
- Allows IR remote control of source devices
- Supports high bit-rate audio formats (Dolby® TrueHD / DTS Master Audio)
- Fully HDCP-compliant
- Locking power supplies
- Easy surface mounting
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 225 MHz
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female
- Video Output Receiver Receiver (Receiver): (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female
- Link Connectors (Sender/Receiver): (1) RJ-45, Shielded
- Indicator LED: Red power-on LED
- IR Extender Port (Receiver): 3.5mm mini-stereo jack
- IR Blaster Port (Sender): 3.5mm mini-mono jack
- IR "eye" window on Receiver
- Power Supplies: (2) 5V DC, Locking
- Power Consumption: 10W (max.)
- Dimensions: 3.5" W x 3.4" H x 1" D
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs.
- (1) GefenToolBox Extender for HDMI 3DTV - Sender Unit
- (1) GefenToolBox Extender for HDMI 3DTV - Receiver Unit
- (1) 6 ft. HDMI locking cable (M-M)
- (2) 5V DC Locking Power Supplies
- (1) User Manual