Extract 5.1-Channel Dolby Surround Sound from HDMI and SPDIF Digital Audio -- w / Powered Amplification
This product has been discontinued.
The GefenTV Home Theater Audio Processor is a powerful yet very compact solution for all your audio/video needs.
The GefenTV Home Theater Audio Processor provides pass-through connection for a Hi-Def source to two mirrored HDTV displays using HDMI 1.3 features supporting 1080p full HD, Deep Color, Lip-Sync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, and 3DTV pass-through. The audio from both the HDMI and coax inputs is sent to the coax and optical outputs as compressed AC-3 digital audio and to separate six-channel audio on the RCA and binding post connectors. Up to 5.1 channels of LPCM, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Pro Logic II is decoded on the output.
Speakers can be connected to the binding posts using the built-in amplifier, delivering 25 watts per channel RMS. The audio can also be sent to an external power amplifier using the RCA connectors. The front-left and front-right channels use bi-amplification to enhance the sound quality.
The Home Theater Audio Processor features an easy-to-read LCD display with extensive features such as individual control of speaker size, distance location, and volume up/down. Control is available using the front panel push buttons or using the included IR remote and RS-232 control.
Supported HDMI 1.3 Features
- 225 MHz (up to 12-bit YUV 4:4:4 @ 1080p)
- Deep Color support (x.v.Color)
- Lip-Sync pass-through
- CEC pass-through
How It Works
Connect the GefenTV Home Theater Audio Processor to the Hi-Def source using the supplied HDMI cable and coax cable. Connect up to two (2) HDTV displays or AV receivers to the Audio Processor HDMI outputs. Connect an optical and a coax cable from the Audio Processor digital audio outputs to an AV receiver. Use the binding posts to connect up to five speakers. The sub-woofer must be a powered version and is connected to the RCA connector allocated for the sub. Connect the included 24V power supply to the Audio Processor and push the power button to turn on the Audio Processor. Apply power to the Hi-Def source and HDTV Display(s) and/or AV receivers.
- Separates digital audio from the HDMI or of S/PDIF inputs and decodes up to 5.1 channels of digital audio
- Splits one HDMI input source into 2 mirrored HDMI outputs
- Supported audio formats: Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic, and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding
- Test tone for system diagnostics
- Outputs line-level analog audio up to 5.1 channels using RCA connectors
- Outputs amplified analog audio at 25 Watts per channel RMS on external speaker terminals
- LCD status display for full selection menu
- IR control
- RS-232 control
- Field-upgradable firmware
- External / Internal EDID management
- Small in size
- This product is HDMI and HDCP-compliant
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 225 MHz
- Input DDC Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Maximum Power Output: 25W RMS
- Digital Audio Input: 1 x S/PDIF coaxial
- HDMI Input: 1 x HDMI female, 19-pin
- HDMI Outputs: 2 x HDMI female, 19-pin
- Digital Audio Output: 1 x S/PDIF coaxial
- Digital Audio Output: 1 x TOSLINK optical
- Speaker Outputs: 7 total (5 five-way binding posts + 2 additional binding posts for Bi-Amp)
- Analog Audio Outputs: 8 total (6 analog audio RCA jacks + 2 additional RCA jacks for Bi-Amp)
- Supported Audio Formats:Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3), Dolby Pro Logic II, LPCM up to 6 channels
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz A-weight filter)
- THD+N: < 0.1% at 1 kHz at reference level
- Frequency Response: < +/- 0.5 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Supply: 24V DC
- Dimensions: 14.75" W x 2.5" H x 6.9" D
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs.
Optional Accessories show