Converts analog VGA video to digital DVI/HDMI video with Aspect Ratio Control
This product has been discontinued and replaced by the Gefen EXT-VGA-DVI-SC
The VGA to DVI Scaler PLUS connects traditional analog video graphic cards (VGA) to DVI compliant digital monitors. The VGA to DVI Scaler PLUS enables users to connect laptops or legacy PC computers equipped with HD-15 video connections to the DVI (digital visual interface) video display format. The VGA to DVI Scaler PLUS will also work with component video sources such as DVD players and set top boxes. You can even add a converter cable to achieve HDMI video, or go further and merge external audio sources with the HDMI signal to create HDMI video with embedded digital audio.
How It Works
Simply connect the supplied VGA (M-F) cable to the input side of the VGA to DVI Scaler PLUS. Then connect the DVI monitor or projector to the DVI output of the VGA to DVI Scaler Box. The converter generates the compatible analog to digital conversion signals to make the connection between the analog input and the digital output work. Navigation through the menu is easily done via the buttons in the front of the unit.
Note: The VGA to DVI Scaler PLUS outputs a DVI signal by default. HDMI video output may be obtained by simply attaching a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable or adapter to the DVI output of the VGA to DVI Scaler PLUS. If embedded HDMI audio is desired, Gefen's EXT-DVIAUD-2-HDMI converter can merge externally supplied digital audio with the DVI signal to create HDMI with audio, all in one cable.
For more information, please see the Optional Products shown at left in the sidebar.
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- Output resolution can be easily selected using an On-Screen Display (OSD) Menu
- Aspect ratio control for native and full-view modes
- 48MB frame memory for frame rate conversion.
- Accepts analog PC or HDTV input signals in RGBHV, YPbPr, or YCbCr formats
- DVI output enables an all digital rendering of video without the losses associated with an analog interface and is an ideal for use with digital display such as LCD, Plasma and DLP projectors.
- High Performance Scaler that converts and scales analog RGB inputs to DVI-I (digital or analog) outputs
- Output adjustment of picture brightness, contrast, color, RGB level, and H-V position
- Output is DVI or VGA with adapter
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors
- Aspect ratio control for native and full view modes
- IR Remote Available (shown at left under Optional Accessories sidebar)
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 165MHz (DVI)
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 350MHz (VGA)
- Input Sync Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Horizontal Frequency Range: 15 - 70kHz
- Vertical Frequency Range: 30 - 170Hz
- Video Input Connector: (1) VGA HD-15, male (YPbPr or YCbCr via optional adapters)
- Video Output Connector: (1) DVI-I 29 pin, female
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 10W (max.)
- Operating Temperature: 0˚ to +40˚C / +32 to +104 ˚F
- Storage Temperature: -20 to +60˚C / -4 to +140 ˚F
- Relative Humidity: 20 to 90%, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 5.8" W x 4.1" D x 1" H
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs
Optional Accessories show