Easily add RS-232 to your current extension system.
Extend your RS-232 device up to 1000 feet away from your computer.
Now you can extend your RS-232 peripherals to a remote location 1000 feet (300 meters) away. Control your favorite Gefen products that use RS-232 or any other serial control devices that use RS-232. All 9-pins are perfectly reproduced from one end to the other.
How It Works
The RS232 Extender sender unit connects to your computer using the supplied cable. The extended RS-232 device connects to the receiver unit. CAT-5 cables connect the send and receive units - up to 1000 feet away. The sender is powered by a 5 volt power supply, which will also power the receiver via the CAT-5 cable.
- Extends any RS-232 compliant device up to 1000 feet (300 meters) from the computer
- Supports the full 9-pin RS-232 standard with a maximum data transfer rate of 115,200 baud
- Perfect for digital signage applications
- Only one CAT-5e cable required for extension
- Power only required on Sender unit
- RS-232 Input Connector: DB-9 female
- RS-232 Output Connector: DB-9 male
- Link Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
- Conforms to the full 9-pin RS-232 standard
- Maximum data transfer rate: 115,200 baud
- Operating temperature range: +5 to +45 deg. Celsius
- Operating humidity range: 5 to 65% RHL, non-condensing
- Storage temperature range: -20 to +70 deg. Celsius
- Storage humidity range: 5 to 95% RHL, non-condensing
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 5W (max)
- Dimensions: 3.8" W x 1.2" H x 1.4" D
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.
Optional Accessories show