Extra Long Range Extender for HDMI, 3DTV, Ethernet, and IR with support for HDBaseT over one CAT-5 cable
The Extender for HDMI 1.3 over CAT5 with Ethernet extends a Hi-Def Display with multi-channel digital audio and Ethernet at resolutions of 1080p Full HD and 4K (4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz) to up to 330 feet (100 meters) using one CAT-5 cable.
DVI-D is supported when used with an HDMI to DVI Adapter, providing greater flexibility and options when integrating several home theater components. 3D content can be displayed when a 3DTV and 3D source are connected.
Extension of Ethernet connectivity enables internet or local area network access for HDTVs, home PCs, video game consoles, DVRs and any device that needs fast 10/100Base-T network access, at convenient locations.
The IR back-channel feature lets users control Hi-Def Sources as if they were located at the Display. IR commands are processed by the IR eye on the receiver, transmitted back over the CAT5 extension, and then sent to original A/V Source devices located by the sender unit using the IR Blaster (sold separately).
How It Works
Connect the Gefen Extender for HDMI 1.3 over CAT5 with Ethernet sender unit to the A/V and Ethernet Source devices such as infrastructure, routers and switches using short HDMI and CAT5 cables. Do the same operation between the Extender receiver and the extended HD Display and any network devices that you are connecting to. When the Extender sender and receiver units have been connected to Sources, Displays and network equipment, connect a single CAT5 extension cable between sender and receiver. The Extender sender and receiver units may be up to 330 feet apart.
Note: This product is Ultra HD 4K x 2K compliant.
This product does not support HDCP content when connected to a DVI source or display.
- Supports resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K x 2K and 1080P Full HD and up to 330 feet (100 meters) using one CAT-5e (or better) cable
- 3DTV Pass-through
- HDBaseT compliant
- Supports Deep Color
- Supports x.v. Color
- Supports LPCM 7.1 Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio
- Lip Sync and CEC Pass-through
- HDCP Pass-through
- IR extension (from Receiver to Sender only)
- Ethernet extension up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- DIP switch settings for EDID management
- Locking power supplies
- Wall-mountable (with included mounting plate)
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 225 MHz
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female
- Link Connector (Sender/Receiver): (1)RJ-45, shielded
- Ethernet Port (Sender/Receiver): (1)RJ-45, shielded
- IR Emitter Port (Sender): (1) 3.5mm mini-mono jack
- IR Extender Port (Receiver): (1) 3.5mm mini-stereo jack
- Power Supply (Sender/Receiver): 5V DC, Locking
- Power Consumption: 10W (max.) each
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (Sender/Receiver): 3.2" x 3.4" x 1.2" (81mm x 86mm x 30mm)
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)
Optional Accessories show