Extend Dual-Link DVI over two CAT-6a cables
The Dual-Link DVI over 2CAT6 extends any dual-link DVI source up to 200 feet (60 meters) using two CAT-6a cables or up to 150 feet (45 meters) using two CAT-5e cables, at resolutions up to 3840 x 2400. Extending dual-link resolutions over standard DVI cables have a limitation of 15 feet. Exceeding this distance normally requires additional repeaters and/or boosters. The Dual-Link DVI over 2CAT6 Extender provides an easy to install solution using CAT-6a cables. This product also extends RS-232 using the same CAT-6a cable, allowing access and control of devices using RS-232.
How It Works
Place the DVI Dual Link over 2CAT6 Extender Sender unit next to the dual-link DVI source. Use the included dual-link DVI cable to connect the source to the Sender unit. Connect the Receiver unit to the display with a dual-link DVI cable. Connect an RS-232 serial cable from the RS-232 port on the Sender unit to the RS-232 control device. Connect the RS-232 port on the Receiver unit to the RS-232 host device. Use two CAT-6a cables, up to 200 feet (60 meters), to connect the Sender unit to the Receiver unit. Connect the included locking power supplies to the Sender and Receiver unit, then connect both power cables to available electrical outlets.
Note: This product supports HDCP pass-through only when using a single-link source.
- Extends dual-link DVI and RS-232 up to 200 feet (60 meters) over two CAT-6a cables
- Supports 1080p Full HD at 120Hz and dual-link resolutions up to 3840 x 2400
- EDID management for Local and Pass-through modes
- Trim pot adjustment to compensate for cable skew
- Firmware upgradable via RS-232
- Locking Power Supplies
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 2 x 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) DVI-I, 29-pin, female
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) DVI-I, 29-pin, female
- Link Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (2) RJ-45
- Serial Port (Sender): DB-9, female
- Serial Port (Receiver): DB-9, male
- Power Supply (Sender / Receiver): 5V DC, Locking
- Power Consumption: 10W per unit (max.)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.4" x 1.7" x 4.3"
- (213mm x 43mm x 109mm)
- Shipping Weight 4.5 lbs.(2 kg)
Optional Accessories show