Easily switch between eight computers using DisplayPort with the Gefen 8x1 DPKVM Switcher.
The rack-mountable Gefen 8x1 DPKVM Switcher offers an economical solution for switching between eight different computers to one display location. In addition, USB peripherals and audio are carried at the same time from each source making this a very versatile solution.
Eliminating the need to purchase many displays, keyboards and other accessories for each computer in a studio or professional environment, this versatile solution saves money, supports both Mac and PC-type computers, and offers uncluttered and increased desktop space.
The 8x1 DPKVM Switcher outputs include one DisplayPort, two USB 2.0 ports (used for keyboard, mouse and other USB 2.0 peripherals) and an analog L/R audio. This Switcher is controlled using front-panel discrete switching, IP control, the included IR Remote control, the RS-232 port for switching automation, or the Gefen Keyboard Controller
The 8x1 DPKVM Switcher is compatible with all operating systems using DisplayPort and USB.
How It Works
Connect the eight included six-foot DisplayPort cables between the computers and the Switcher inputs. Connect eight USB cables between the computers and the USB inputs. Connect eight audio cables between the computers and the audio inputs. Connect the Switcher output to the monitor using a DisplayPort cable. Connect the Switcher USB outputs to the USB peripherals. Connect the Switcher audio cables to the audio devices. Connect the included 5V DC locking power supply to the 8x1 Switcher and connect the AC power cord to an available electrical outlet. The currently selected source will be displayed.
- Switches between eight DisplayPort sources with USB 2.0 and Audio to one display, keyboard, and mouse
- Supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600
- Compatible with the Gefen Keyboard Controller software
- Supports DisplayPort version 1.1a
- Green mode (low power consumption when DP source is not present)
- Firmware upgrade via RS-232 or Ethernet
- RS-232 control
- IP Control
- IR remote control
- Supports USB 2.0 with backward compatibility with USB 1.1
- Standby Feature (Green Mode)
- Control via Telnet
- Jack for external IR Receiver (EXT-RMT-EXTIR)
- Save space on your desktop
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 360 MHz
- Video Input Connectors: (8) DisplayPort, female
- Video Output Connector: (1) DisplayPort, female
- USB Host Connectors: (8) USB Type B, female
- USB Device Connectors: (2) USB Type A, female
- Audio Input Connectors: (8) 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack
- Audio Output Connector: (1) 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack
- IR Extender Connector: (1) 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack
- RS-232 Control Connector: (1) DB-9, female
- Power Supply: 5V DC, Locking
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.1" x 1.75" x 4.25" (434mm x 44mm x 108mm)
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs. (5.4 kg.)
Optional Accessories show