Easily switch between four computers using DisplayPort with the Gefen 4x1 DPKVM Switcher.
The rack-mountable Gefen 4x1 DPKVM Switcher offers an economical solution for switching between four different computers to one display location. In addition, USB peripherals and audio are carried at the same time from each source making this a very versatile solution.
This versatile solution eliminates the need to purchase many displays, keyboards and other accessories for each computer in a studio or professional environment, saving money and offering uncluttered and increased desktop space. Both Mac and PC-type computers are supported.
The 4x1 DPKVM Switcher outputs include one DisplayPort, two USB 2.0 ports (used for keyboard, mouse and other USB 2.0 peripherals) and an analog L/R audio. This Switcher can be controlled using front panel discrete switching, the included IR Remote control, IP control, an RS-232 port for switching automation, or the
Gefen Keyboard Controller
The 4x1 DPKVM Switcher is compatible with all operating systems using DisplayPort and USB.
How It Works
Connect the four included 6-foot DisplayPort cables between the computers and the Switcher inputs. Connect the four included USB cables between the computers and the USB inputs. Connect the four included audio cables between the computers and the audio inputs. Connect the Switcher output to the monitor using a DisplayPort cable. Connect the Switcher USB outputs to the USB peripherals. Connect the Switcher audio cables to the audio devices. Connect the included 5V DC locking power supply to the 4x1 Switcher and connect the AC power cord to an available electrical outlet. The currently selected source will be displayed.
- Switches between four DisplayPort sources with USB 2.0 and Audio to one display, keyboard and mouse
- Supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600
- Supports DisplayPort version 1.1a
- Compatible with the Gefen Keyboard Controller software
- Supports RGB and YCbCr color spaces
- Discrete front-panel push buttons for switching
- RS-232 port for automation
- IP Control
- IR remote control (included)
- Supports USB 2.0 with backward compatibility for USB 1.1 devices
- Jack for external IR Receiver (EXT-RMT-EXTIR)
- Save desktop space
- Locking Power Supply
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 360 MHz
- Video Input Connectors: (4) DisplayPort, female
- Video Output Connector: (1) DisplayPort, female
- USB Host Connectors: (4) USB Type B, female
- USB Device Connectors: (2) USB Type A, female
- Audio Input Connectors: (4) 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack
- Audio Output Connector: (1) 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack
- IR Extender Connector: (1) 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack
- RS-232 Control Connector: (1) DB-9, female
- Power Supply: 5V DC, Locking
- Dimensions: 17.1" W x 4.3" D x 1.75" H
- Rack Size: 1U (rack ears included)
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs.
Optional Accessories show