Extend two DVI sources and USB 2.0 over three CAT-6a* Cables
Extend two DVI sources and USB 2.0 peripherals from any computer or KVM device with the Gefen CAT5-5600HD Professional Series KVM extender. Extension is up to 200 feet (60 meters) using two (2) CAT-6A cables*.
The Receiver Unit allows the connection of up to two DVI monitors and up to four USB devices, expanding your workspace and increasing productivity in a post-production and editing environment.
USB 2.0 data rates up to 480 Mbps are supported in addition to backward-compatibility with USB 1.1.
*CAT-5 or 5e cables can be used to extend up to 150 feet (45 meters)at 1920 x 1200 @60Hz.
CAT-5 cable is sufficient for USB link. Shielded cables are optional.
How It Works
Place the CAT5-5600HD Sender Unit next to the source. Use the included DVI cables to connect the DVI source(s) to the Sender Unit. Use the supplied USB cable to connect the Sender Unit to the USB host (source) device. Connect the Receiver Unit to the DVI displays using DVI cables. Connect the USB devices to the Receiver Unit. Connect the Sender Unit to the Receiver Unit using three CAT-6 cables up to 200 feet (see note above*). Connect the included locking power supplies to the Sender and Receiver Units, then connect both power cables to available electrical outlets.
Note: The CAT5-5600HD is an HDCP pass-through device.
- Extends DVI up to 200 feet (60 meters) using two CAT-6a cables
- Extends DVI up to 150 feet(45 meters) using two CAT-5e cables
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 X 1200
- USB 2.0 extension of 200 feet (60 meters) or more using a CAT-5e cable
- Supports USB 2.0 at up to 480 Mbps transfer rate
- Backward-compatible with USB 1.1 devices
- HDCP Pass-through
- Locking power supplies
- Video Amplifier Bandwith: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Vp-p (TTL)
- Video Input Connectors (Sender): (2) DVI-I 29 pin, female (digital only)
- Video Output Connectors (Receiver): (2) DVI-1 29 pin, female (digital only)
- Link Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (3) RJ-45, Shielded
- USB Host Connector (Sender): (1) USB Type B, female
- USB Device Connectors (Receiver): (4) USB Type A, Female
- Indicator Lights (Sender/Receiver): (2) LINK 1 / LINK 2 (flash red for power, green when linked)
- EQ Rotary Switches (Receiver): (2) EQ 1 / EQ 2 (adjusts for cable type and length)
- Power Supply (Sender / Receiver): 5V DC, Locking
- Power Consumption: 20W (max.) per unit
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Dimensions (Sender / Receiver): 17" W x 4.5" Dx 1.75" H
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs.
Optional Accessories show