Scaling and switching solution for Svideo, Composite, Component and HDMI sourcesThis product has been superceded by the Gefen EXT-GSCALER-PRO.
The Gefen Home Theater Scaler Plus allows you to upscale and switch your standard definition or high definition Component, Composite, S-Video, and HDMI sources to resolutions up to 1080p. Anything from set-top boxes, DVD players to the next generation of gaming consoles including the Xbox 360 and PS3 can be plugged into the Home Theater Scaler.
The Home Theater Scaler Plus supports one component source with analog audio, one composite or S-video source with analog audio, and two HDMI sources with digital audio. The analog audio from the analog sources is digitized and outputted to the HDMI connection as well as the digital audio outs. The HDMI inputs also have separate digital audio inputs, so you can combine DVI sources-using a DVI to HDMI cable-and separate digital audio signals together. The Home Theater Scaler Plus will embed the separate video and audio signals together into the HDMI output.
Easy to use on-screen menus accessible through the IR remote control allow for effortless setup and image adjustment to accommodate different viewing modes and screen sizes.
Note: Scalers Defined
- Both digital and analog inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled through the Home Theater Scaler Plus. It outputs a large range of formats and resolutions that will easily match the native resolution/ format of your display to ensure highest picture quality.
- DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant input: Operates up to 165Mhz (Up to UXGA @60Hz)
- Supports digital HD output up to 1080p.
- Integrated 8-bit triple-ADC/PLL.
- Integrated DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant receiver.
- Dual high quality scaling engines.
- Dual 3-D motion video adaptive de-interlacers with smooth low-angle edge.
- Automatic 3:2 pull-down & 2:2 pull-down detection and recovery.
- High performance frame rate conversion engine.
- The Proprietary Advanced Color Engine technology gives: Brilliant and fresh color, Intensified contrast and details, Vivid skin tone, Sharp edge, Accurate and independent color control
- Option to select audio input from HDMI or TOSlink/SPDIF audio source.
- 3D noise reduction on analog inputs only.
- Operates through on-screen OSD menu control and remote control.
- Aspect Ratio Control
- Digital Audio Delay to match audio/video timing
- Less then one frame delay allowing for gaming
- Operates through an OSD menu controlled via the included remote control
- Digital Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 165 MHz
- Component Video Bandwidth: 350 Mhz
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
- Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
- Input/Output HDMI Connector: Type A 19 Pin Female
- Analog Video Connector 1: 3 RCA Component
- Analog Video Connector 1: 1 RCA Composite or 1 S-video
- Digital Audio Connector: 2x Optical TOSlink and Coax SPDIF
- Analog Audio Connector: 2x 2 RCA L+R Audio
- Power Supply: 5V 4A DC
- Power Consumption: 20 watts (max)
- Dimensions: 6.875"W x 2.125"H x 6.875"D
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
- Home Theater Scaler Plus
- One 6 ft HDMI cable (M-M)
- One 5V 4A Power Supply
- IR Remote control
- User's Manual